The main purpose of SEO and content is to increase the quality and quantity of organic traffic to a website. You don’t want just anyone coming to your site; you want the folks who are truly interested in your products or services who will likely turn into leads. That’s why, for most brands, organic search is a long-term investment worth making. When executed correctly, technical SEO and quality content drive high-caliber organic traffic.
SEO is a service that is always evolving, which can make it difficult to keep up with. Search engines are constantly changing their algorithms, customers shift how they search for new solutions, and your competitors do anything they can to outrank you. Although these services can have a steep learning curve, technical SEO and content are worth the hard work in the long run. In fact, organic search has 20 times the traffic opportunity compared to paid search on both mobile and desktop devices.
Executing Your SEO Strategy
Depending on how much you know about SEO, creating an ongoing strategy that’ll successfully compete in organic search can seem daunting. The process starts with having a thorough understanding of your customers and a plan to make your website visible with the right information at the right time.
To get started, it’s crucial that you know what falls under the SEO umbrella. SEO includes a variety of components including keyword strategy, on-page optimization, website health monitoring, user experience analysis, auditing of local listings, and technical SEO. When you focus on these aspects, it means:
- Search engines can appropriately crawl and index your site
- The website shows up for relevant search queries
- Qualified visitors click through to your website
- Once on your site, users engage with your content and take a desired action
What is technical SEO?
Technical SEO is a requirement for success. You need a quality site that doesn’t pose any red flags to search engines when it comes to speed and delivery of content. That’s why, when we build the SEO foundation for a site, our process includes:
- A properly configured sitemap and robots.txt file. This will allow search engines to properly crawl and index a site
- Title tags and meta descriptions that follow best practices. These should be within the appropriate pixel length, include target keywords, and be engaging to the user.
- Relevant and optimized content. We make sure that content on all pages includes target keywords as well as provides all the relevant and necessary information for the user.
- Optimized page headers. The page headers should include target keywords and be engaging to the reader.
- Internal linking. We double check to make sure that internal linking is present throughout the site.
- Correct technical elements. It’s important that the technical elements of a website are set up correctly to ensure site health.
- Optimized for all devices. We ensure that the website is optimized for both desktop and mobile user experience.
Executing Quality Content
All the algorithm updates and changes to rankings we see have one goal in mind: provide the best content to the user. This is why quality content is becoming more and more important when it comes to SEO. Search engines exist to provide the information that people are looking for—in turn, websites that consistently offer the best answers to common questions are going to succeed and rank higher organically. Therefore, writing content that makes both users and search engines happy is the key to your organic search success.
The growing importance of quality content is why we suggest you start by asking yourself questions with your customer in mind. What solutions do you provide that they may be searching for? What questions can you answer that best position your business as the expert? Once you turn the answers to these questions into content it becomes much easier to develop a strategy that’ll make your website a go-to resource.
The Dynamic Duo: SEO and Content are Better Together
Content that answers the right questions from the right people combined with a technical SEO strategy will allow your site to shine. These two services ensure that a search engine will understand what kind of content you have, the questions your site answers, and the value the content provides when your site is crawled. If you’re interested in learning more about organic search, the experts at Gemini Advanced Marketing Solutions are here to help!